Friday, May 04, 2007

Queen Road Block

By Chris

The Queen of England is in Virginia. And, she was cruising down Interstae 64 yesterday between Richmond and Williamsburg. I know this because it meant that a peasant like me could not travel on I-64 to get home from Richmond. Yep, they closed the whole thing down to transport Her Majesty and company. No signs. No recommendations about how to heas east. Just police cars blocking the way. Now, that's the way to travel! I eventually found the alt. route home. I'm bloggin from Baltimore airport now, and, like the other day, the board indicates an on-time take off just 3 minutes from right now. Not likely, since they have not started boarding yet. The culprit this time is Southwest Airlines, so the cattle call lines they use instead of assigned seats are chomping at the bit and jockeying for position to get a good seat.

No comments: