Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The tassel's worth the hassle!

by teresa

It's been super busy around here lately.
Lauren's graduation is less than a month away.
There are countless dinners, banquets and parties for church and school.
The three of us sat down yesterday and registered for the student/parent two day freshman debut at ODU. I am really looking forward to it. There are tours and classes for the parents...while the kids are taking a writing test and registering for classes. There is one class called "cutting the apron strings". Chris commented that I needed to take that class for sure. ha ha

She and her friend from church are talking about getting an apartment together. I think they are going out this weekend to look at some. How cool. Remember that excitement of getting your own place? She certainly works hard enough...and makes enough moolah. She is also the most responsible teenager I know. I forgot to brag on her the other day. She got to be the floor manager at Target on one of her shifts last week. She also got a nice raise and a perfect evaluation. She is the fastest...and has the highest number of RedCards (all us Targetaholics know what that is) on her team (it is all tracked electronically).

Tonight is another dinner fundraiser for Lauren's mission trip(which is five weeks away). She is now a mere $400 away from her $1420 goal. Awesome!

I will be heading to my sisters today. She called yesterday and said Kaden (yes baby Kaden) asked when I was coming over to visit. Like I don't see her every day already. But she likes it when I come to her house.
This will be a shorter trip after this weekend. She is moving two blocks over on Saturday.
Hooray!

Last night Chris and I took Nick, Ben, Kristian and Kai to the YMCA pool. It was a little chilly...but the kids had a blast. Kristian let us know that she would like to go everyday from now on. There was a swim team practicing on the other side of the pool. Nick expressed interest in joining.

I was a little disappointed with American Idol last night. Don't get me wrong...it was good. Just not super finale good. I think Jordin is going to win. She is a great singer...period. Blake...you know I love you man. But you just didn't shine last night. I hate that they sang songs we had already heard them sing. Booooring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when my little brother was in swim team. He would have a ton of fun swimming races (he was quite good, too) and the rest of us would sit there in the 115 degree heat on rickety lawn chairs trying to keep cool with spray bottles of water and maintaining a facade of enthusiasm for the event. Ah, the memories!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure Lauren couldn't use that dresser I told you about? It would be really nice for her new apartment.

Congratulations to you, Lauren, for receiving the promotion and raise. Great Job!!