Thursday, January 10, 2008

by teresa

I just wanted to give a big birthday shout out to my favorite (and only) nephew KAI!!

He is 7 years old today and he is a very special boy to Chris and I.

I thought I would list some of the reasons we love him so.

*He is so wild and crazy... that he makes us laugh every time we see him. Funny voices, wacky faces , loud growls and meowing are the norm for him.

*He is always first to bust through the door and give you a hug. The rest of Katy's kids are stingy with the love. Kristian is very shy and Kaden will only hug you if you command her to NOT hug you. But not Kai. He is a lovey little boy.

*He looks just like my daddy...and that makes him super special to all of us. My dad loved his reddish tinted hair.

*He is Ben's best buddy. They can't go a day without seeing each other. If we ever have to move for Chris' job...we will have to move him (and the rest of Katy's clan) wherever we go.

*He loves to read and read and read. You guys know I love this. I got him a Thomas the Tank Engine collection of stories for his b-day. He loves Thomas (as do most young boys these days). He whispered a sincere thank you in my ear during the chaos of the party. A kid...thanking you for a BOOK. What a sweetie.

Happy Birthday Kai!









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Kai!

Anonymous said...

And Teresa? TAG! YOU'RE IT! Stop by my blog to see what it's all about.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Kai. I can't believe you're already SEVEN!! You are so PRECIOUS! (For those of you who don't know, everytime I tell Kai he's so precious, he says "You're so beautiful." So, of course, I tell him all the time.) He really does look alot like his Grandaddy when he was his age. A part of Jimmy is in my kids and grandkids, so he is still very much with us.