Tuesday, January 15, 2008

by teresa



Sunday my preteen son stroked my hand while we were praying in church.

I don't think he even realized he had done it.

We were holding hands praying and he ran his finger along my hand so tenderly.

Kinda like I remember doing while holding the hands of my children when they were toddlers.

To let them know I'm there. A silent little I love you.

It was such a simple gesture....but it melted my heart and left me wishing he would stop growing up so fast.

When he realized I was staring up (he past me in height long ago) smiling at him...he let go.

*sigh*



"While we try to teach our children all about life....our children teach us what life is all about".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They do grow up way too fast. Tender moments like this are God's way of bringing joy to a mother of a preteen. It's apparent that your kids love you (and Chris) so much.

Anonymous said...

Nick is so precious. I love it when he kisses me and says "I love you Nanny." I hope that NEVER changes.