Saturday, January 12, 2008

Have you ever had so much fun...that you didn't want it to end?

by teresa

Our church started a book club last year. Several women get together each month and talk about a book that the hostess picked out.
This month I picked A Thousand Splendid Suns and hosted the meeting. I know I have said many times on this blog how much I enjoyed that book. So I was delighted to have others read it so we could gather and discuss the characters.
As the night was approaching I started to get nervous that they wouldn't like the story. That they wouldn't connect with these wonderful characters like I did. That they would be disappointed.
I worried for nothing.
They all loved it as much as me.
We recounted every, single worthwhile happening in the book. Every sorrow...every joy. Every dishonor and every triumph.
We rejoiced for lost loves found....and wept aloud together over sacrifices of life.
It was a night filled with laughs and tears.
New friendships were made and old ones grew closer.
And to top it all off.....we prayed together.
Over sickness, heartache, injustice and finances.
Christian women....praying together.....gets things done!
The meeting was scheduled to be 7-9pm.
I begrudgingly let them leave around 10:30pm.

I can't wait till next month to see these women again.

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was my first book club meeting (it was more like a party) and I plan to go to more in the future. It was a special time of fellowship and fun. And best of all, there was nothing to buy (such as makeup, jewelry, kitchen stuff). Just a time of bonding and sharing with other women.

Zephra said...

I am on the waiting list for this book at the library. The first was so wonderful.