Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Servant's Heart

By Chris

Nick has this regular gig where he watches children at church while their mommy's participate in a group called "MOPS" Mothers of pre-schoolers, I think it stands for. Anyway, I picked him up last night and got to see him in action. He had a nursery full of kids, and he was gladly chasing after them, entertaining them, etc. In this case he got paid, but you can really tell he enjoys serving . . . and in not-so-glamorous ways. After his babysitting duties were complete, I found him in our family life center putting away tables with a pastor from another church, who had used the facility that night for an event. I was ready to bolt, but he was interested in seeing what else he could help with before bolting. "I was sure glad he came in," the pastor, who was cleaning up by himself, told me. Then, he took out the trash from the MOPS meeting. And, it all made him very happy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nick - You are a blessing to so many people. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Pastor John said, your grandchildren were such a blessing to me by helping with the chairs last night. He didn't even have to ask.

Maybe they arn't such knuckleheads after all(?)... naw!

George

christincherie said...

Nick is such a sweet guy!

Anonymous said...

Nick I am proud of the young man you have become. I love watching you overcome and become... You are a blessing...God has a huge plan for your life!!
Brenda M.

Anonymous said...

Nick certainly does make us proud! It is so rare to see anyone with such a Servant's heart, especially, a teenager. Brenda is spot on ... God has an awesome plan for Nick and Nick seems to be walking it out already. WOW!