Friday, April 10, 2009

it's all in my head

by teresa

Today is the last day of school before spring break. YES!
I need a couple of days to sleep in and get re energized.
Ben will be going camping with a soccer buddy and his family, so Nick will have some alone time with us. I hope we have good enough weather to get us out to the beach a few times. Although, it will be littered with shoobies*...so we may need to go out a little farther to avoid the crowds.

Easter egg production is over. Cleaned up, packed up and put away for another year. We did better than expected and we even have some extras to sell at the Easter Eggstravaganza tomorrow. Should be a fun day. No soccer (thank goodness) just enjoying the little ones running around finding eggs, playing games and watching a play. Nick is face painting and I will help man the egg table. We all have bets at how Kaden will do during the egg hunt. I say it is going to be a knock down, drag out fight. I will make sure to take my camera.

Dentist appointments for the boys today. Not fun. I get to be chastised about my kids neglectful flossing and plaque deposits. No cavities last time...I hope we have the same outcome this time. They get so nervous for fillings.

I missed my dad this week. Of course I miss him all the time, but I felt it again this week. There were several instances where he was thrown into my mind...and I wished he were here. I bought a new car this week. The first without my fathers approval. He was a top notch, know everything about a car kinda guy. I would always bring home prospective automobiles for his once over before signing on the dotted line. Also, my dishwasher was stopped up. I undid the tuby thingy and cleared it out to no avail. He would have known exactly what to. He fixed everything around my house. My sink, toilet, door, mailbox, fence,etc. I wish I could have given him a call. Chris did end up fixing it. I won't go into the details of how, how long it took, the mess it made or the two screws that were leftover after finishing. It works...and that's all the matters. Good job Chris.

The boys got their report cards this week. Honor roll all the way baby. They have requested cash from any and all relatives as a show of congratulations.

We went to bed so early last night. Chris and Ben at 7:00pm, me at 8:00pm and Nick at 8:45pm. These allergies are really wearing us down.

Today I will finish cleaning the house, go to Khols and find a shirt for Nick and stop by church to put aside some eggs for a lady who called me last night. Yes, I am getting calls in the night about eggs. Will it ever truly be over?



*shoobie
1. n. Regional nickname denoting a tourist to the southern New Jersey shore. This term originated in the 1920's when tourists, visiting the beaches were easily identified by the shoe boxes the brought to carry their lunches. 2. n. Any person who looks out of place while at the beach. Usually identified by the wearing of black party socks with shorts and flip flops and/or a severe sunburn.


(funny side note. when I spell checked this post the computer tried to substitute boobies...for shoobies. hee hee)

No comments: