Monday, October 24, 2005

BRAT!

by teresa
I had to stop by food lion today for a few things. I sweet older lady(maybe 60) was in front of me with her grand daughter. When I got in line behind them I could hear the girl(8yrs old) talking loudly to her grandmother. This irritated me from the start. Well....the ladies cart was full of honey buns, popsicles, lucky charms, cookies, chips, etc. The lady had a 2 liter of caffiene free coke in the cart also. This was what the girl was fussing about. She wanted regular coke. The grandmother politely told her that caffiene gives the girl headaches, and her mother doesn't allow her to drink it. She was only to have caffeine free. The girl snatched the coke out of the ladies hands and took it back to the shelf and grabbed a regular coke and replaced it in the cart. The grandmother whined (sweetly)....but honey you can't have that. She took the coke...put it back....and got the caffeine free again. The whole time this is going on the girl is yelling at the grandmother. YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO......I LIKE MY OTHER GRANDMOTHER BETTER....SHE GIVES ME WHAT I WANT.....MY MOM IS PAYING FOR ALL OF THIS, SO I CAN GET WHAT I WANT! The girl then PUSHES the old lady, snatches the caffeine free out of her hands and gets a regular one. The whole time the grandmother never raises her voice. Now Myself and the lady in front of her were giving each other looks of fire. I seriously almost grabbed her by the arm when she kept attacking her grandmother. The lady in front of us was trying to talkto the girl. You are lucky to have a grandmother who will take you shopping like this.....If I ever talked to my grandmother like this, I would be on restriction.....you need to show more respect to your grandmother......to which the girl kept replying....whatever! And, I don't have to listen to you! BRAT!!!!!!!! Then she goes and gets some more cookies of a shelf and tries to put them in the cart(looking at all of us the whole time like...see, I get what I want!) The nanny said...I don't have enough money for that honey....the girl pushes her again throws the cookies on the shelf. Then she notices that the caffeine free coke has once again replaced the regular coke in the cart. She stomps over to the shelf....grabs a regular coke.....and walks past me to get to her grandmothers cart. At which time I could take this no more! I snatched the coke from the girls hands(everyone looked like they were going to applaud) and said......Addie(the grandmother had said her name a thousand times already), you will not touch this coke again! Go stand by your grandmother's cart and shut your mouth! My grandmother was nice like yours and now I would give anything to spend time with her and I can't. You better start appreciating her! To which she stomped off and waited for her grandma by the door. She didn't care what I said(and I didn't expect her to), but it needed to be said anyway. For me...the grandmother...and all the food lion patrons and workers who had to endure those 10 minutes of hell! The grandmother then tried to tell us all how Addies mother doesn't discipline her and her father is not in the picture and blah blah blah. All I know is Addie and her grandmother are going to be in my prayers tonight and I would hope you put them on your list too. It pains me that a child can be like this already at 8 years old. Sad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Has anyone noticed a trend here? Teresa's mission field is the Market Place ... Food Lion, Thrift Store, Kids' schools. No kidding ... God works that way and Praise God for Teresa's obedience. I'm so proud she's my daughter-in-law.