Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Messy Ben

by teresa
Yesterday I sent my son to school in a nice white shirt. Big mistake! What was I thinking? Well, actually, Ben is our neatest child when it comes to eating. Lauren and Nick leave a trail of what they ate and where they ate it. Food on the counter....hanging out of the refridgerator.....on the floor on the way to the table.....on the table cloth and chair they were sitting in....all over the shirt and pants they were wearing....and all over the sink. But Ben on the other hand rarely makes a mess. So that is why I was so shocked when Ben came off the bus yesterday looking like he is raised by some white trash parents. You know the kind. The kind that let their kids walk around in public wearing only a diaper (no shirt, and especially NO SHOES, EVER). Or the ones who let their kids run around with dirt on their faces (at least 2/3 of the surface area of their faces should be covered in dirt, mud, or fudgesicle).

My son's hair was sticking up and full of sand......he had huge grass stains on his knees.....shoelaces untied and frayed on the end....and his nice white shirt was covered in some dark red, sticky substance. So either he was in a gang fight at recess...or a ketchup bottle exploded beside him. Gross! BEN....I said. What did you do to yourself? Nothing mom....I just put too much ketchup on my steakum at lunch. And I was playing in the sand at recess. It'a no big deal...he says. I don't think there is enough Tide with bleach in the world to get these stains out. It was on his shoulder, all down the front and even some on his back! My goodness!

No comments: