Monday, February 23, 2009

but I don't wanna go to bed!

by teresa

It was a very busy weekend.
Ben's team had their last two games of the indoor soccer season.
They won both, bringing them to the end of an undefeated season and making them the TISL champions.
Go Monarchs!

Nick had his next to last basketball game, which they won.
They have an undefeated season also.
Go Cavaliers!

Last night I was so beat. I put my pajamas on and looked for a quiet corner to read (which relaxes me like nothing else).
There was no quiet corner downstairs, so I snuck up to the boys room and layed in Nick's bed to read. The boys have the coolest headboard lights, making reading in bed so nice. Ben was already tucked in and sleeping, he didn't even notice me in there. Around 9:30pm Nick came up to kick me out. I was at such a good part and I was so comfy under his new flannel comforter. I begged him for a few more minutes. "Please Nick...just give me a few more minutes." "Don't ya want to stay up late?" "What kind of a teenager are you?" He took pity on me and said he would go downstairs to watch the end of the game...but then he was coming up and I would have to get in my own bed. I snuggled in further and read fervently for the next thirty minutes. He came up at 10:00pm and gently tapped me on the foot. "mom, your going to have to go in your bed now....you can finish your book tomorrow." I reluctantly climbed out of his bed and made my way to my own. To my dark bedroom that doesn't have a cool headboard light. Sometimes it's no fun to be the parent.

By the way....Nick will make a great Dad someday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nick and Ben on a winning season!!! I'm so proud of you. Is that our next book club book that you're reading? Must be good. Of course Nick will make a good Daddy...he has a great role model.