Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines Wishes

By Chris

It's a cheap trick to plop down a Valentine Day message on the blog the day before, but I'm doing it. We don't make a big deal out of such days, and I couldn't think of any real gift for my love, aside from spending a good portion of the day away from her watching basketball. I thought about getting one of those Vermont Teddy Bears that they guilt you about all week on the radio. Today, they're all like: "It can still arrive tomorrow . . . " So, I checked it out. They ain't cheap. And I am. So, no Teddy Bear. Sorry dear. You'll appreciate it when you run the budget report. So here's some thoughts for my baby. Some are stolen quotes . . .

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. Love you , weirdo.

Today is our 22nd Valentines Day and 7,710 days since our first date. By my calculation, well over 7,600of them have been GREAT!!! Which makes me agree with the thought: "Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end."

The wedding was small and witnessed by few, but the marriage of Chris and Teresa has proven to be leg-en-dary.

Love you. Happy Valentine's Day!!




4 comments:

Hampton Roads Hurricanes Basketball said...

Beiauti-ful Chris. She is Blessed

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Being cheap is so much better than being deep in debt. But you didn't skimp on your Valentine's gift to Teresa. What you wrote is priceless.

Jackie Barham said...

WOW! You never cease to make me very proud!!!!
Mom

Gidget said...

I love love love this.
But I still expect something chocolate tomorrow!
Teresa