Sunday, February 22, 2009

Things heard at bookclub last night

by teresa

*Look mom...it's magic!
*I would put on that Obama shirt and lay right in the middle of the bed
*Even after the tests came back positive the courts sent her back to her father
*All our systems are broken
*What good is getting under your desk going to do when a bomb hits your school?
*During the blackout he called my dad to see if the rapture came, when he answered the phone he knew he hadn't been left behind
*That poor boy is traumatized for life
*I had to disinfect the entire room!
*All the girls in her weight lifting class took pictures of it on their cellphones
*Just wait till they see it uncovered
*Maybe it was a cup?
*He grabbed them and gave them a twist
*I have never seen her so violent
*It's exhausting trying to keep the bad in the world from touching your child's' life
*I bet you were glad it was boobs
*My name is NOT Lin"duh"
*I thought it was a tree house?
*Hearing about your kids each month makes me feel better about mine
*I feel like I've been to Golden Corral
*I stopped snooping once she turned 18
*Do they think we're idiots?
*She'd take me back...but then Scott would have to come with me
*My mother has cancer.
*I had to forgive him for my life to go where it was supposed to go
*He went from a kid to a hero
*She wasn't afraid of being alone on the dark streets...to her it was much safer than being at home
*I call him puddin'
*Tonight was like "old home" days
*George Washington was white white
*You gotta use the giant log of Velveeta
*They cut all my perm out!
*By His grace we are set free
*Where two or more are gathered together in My name, there I am.
*Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that a book club meeting? It seemed more like a party. It was so much fun! Oh yeah. . . all of our book club meetings are fun. I LOVE OUR GROUP OF WOMEN.

Anonymous said...

I learned more at that meeting than I ever did in Sex Ed. in high school.

Anonymous said...

What a night! I am still giggling. I have been transformed from a "proud" Mom to a humble sister when I am with these Ladies. Lives change everytime...conventional or not...our little book worms are making a difference. Thanks girls. Next month we will walk in the shoes of another as we read "Gifted Hands, The Ben Carson Story" That book was not even on my recommend list, Truly a "God thing". See you in March.
Brenda

Jackie Barham said...

Great summary of the evening. Amazing how many laughs, tears and drawing closer to God and each other we can pack into a few hours! Thanks, Teresa for talking for talking me into going ... you are a wonderful daughter (in law).

Anonymous said...

I have no comment for fear of incrimination!! I am still laughing. What can one say after a night like that? Each month I leave with such a feeling of privilege to even know you ladies! Can't wait until next month. And could someone bring us all an Obama t-shirt???

Sharon (Williams)