Monday, October 02, 2006

Did I mention I love my new camera?

by teresa

Stupid blogger.

I have tried to post several times today....but it wouldn't let me on.

I am finally home from my countless errands.

I went to Ben's school for a while to help with some things.

Then I ran to the post office to mail off some Netflix movies. I don't like to put them in the mailbox for fear of someone walking off with them.

I then ran across town to order or teams trophies and get the photo information for the parents tonight.

I went to my alteration lady and dropped off a pair of sweat pants I bought last week. They were of course too long...due to the fact that I am the size of one of the munchkin kids from the wizard of oz. They are cute, black yoga type pants (with a white stripe down the leg) and a matching zippered jacket. I saw it and KNEW it would be my fall uniform. I can't wait to pick the pants up on thursday.

Also had to run to the optometrist. Nick's lens fell out of his glasses yesterday...and those dumb screws are way too tiny to try and put in myself. The lady at the office did it in about a minute and a half with some special tool.

After all that I finally got to go to Barnes and Noble.

I was there so long that three different sales clerks approached me to see if there was something they could find for me. I just shooed them off. I like to "find" my own books. I had a list...but I also like to scan and see if something jumps out at me. I went to the register when my arms were bruised and aching from the weight of my load.
I am very happy with all my choices. Can't wait till Nick gets home so we can pick a new book to start tonight at bedtime.

















Yesterday my family threw me a birthday party after church. Katy made a great cake and also provided everyone with delicious subs. We ended up staying for about 3 hours.


































I have been playing with my new camera non-stop since Friday. I have used two batteries so far. SERIOUSLY!! I had taken about 500 pictures and 15 videos. I am a little obsessed. It has so many features that I don't know how to use as of yet. I found the timer button today. Here's a picture I took of myself with the timer. I pushed the button and ran across the room (stubbed my tow on the couch....it hurt) and then stodd there trying to look natural. What a dork!

















Tonight we have our second soccer game. I am nervous about it because Chris is out of town...so it's just me and Katy. Of course I did make Chris do the lineup before he left for Richmond this morning. I will make sure to post about the game when we get home this evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I got tired just reading about your day.

I loved the birthday cake and enjoyed getting together with everyone at Katy's house.

Ben's shirt is really cute. Did Nanny Jackie and George get it for him?

Can't wait until the game tonight. I'm really hoping we WIN!!!

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday. What a beautiful cake!

I so wish I was as small as you are. I am such a cow. Moo Moo

Blessings
Lisa

Gidget said...

ha ha hahahahahahah hahahaha ha ha ha!
Small....your a funny funny woman Lisa!

Lean closer to your monitor so I can lean over and give you a great big smooch for that comment sweetie.