Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Turn your head and cough

by teresa

Nick's appointment went very well.
She was very happy with his progress....and encouraged him to keep it up and stay active.
At one point when she was discussing his "nether regions" and his "boys" and puberty I actually laughed out loud. Then Nick and the doctor started laughing. How immature was that. I just couldn't hold it in. I just had to lighten the mood because Nick looked as if his head was going to burst from us two women (the dr. is a middle aged woman) chatting about his manhood. Oh the joys of parenting!

Then we headed to the optometrist where He tried on a bazillion different frames to replace the ones snapped in half in the dodgeball incident. Then the assistant pointed us to this display where all the glasses were only $59...that's including the frames. I quickly moved Nick over to those and we found a great pair. Once January rolls around he will be due for the exam and glasses on the insurance. Then he can pick out the mucho dinero pair he wanted ($200).

Now we are home and doing homework. Lauren got Ben off the bus for me and did his homework with him already (God Bless her!). Chris is in Hotlanta...so I think it will be sandwich night. Lauren is at cheering practice then she has a Halloween Alpha social to attend after that. They are supposed to where a costume...but that would take planning and thought (more thatn five minutes before walking out the door) on Lauren's behalf. And we all know that ain't happening. So what is she going as you ask? A leaf blower! Yep...a leaf blower. She attached a leaf to the front of a baseball hat so it hangs in her face. Then she blows it. Have mercy!

I'm off to make a couple of grilled cheeses and soup for the kids.

I'll leave you with this.
The Life and Death of a Pumpkin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOO HOO! I feel sad for that pumpkin.

Anonymous said...

Aw ... poor pumpkin. I love Lauren's costume idea ... that's my kind of costumr.