Thursday, October 19, 2006

I was a bible.....what a geek

by teresa

Teenagers......grrrrr!

Teenage girls.....double grrrrrr!

Secretive, moody, thinkin they're independent...but still can't do their own laundry, know-it-alls!

That's all I'm going to say about that!

Okay....what's up with the weather? I was enjoying my chilly (60 degree) days. Now this week it has been close to 80 and humid. Fall....please come back!

Today I will be at Nick's school for most of the day. He is excited about coming to sit with me in the reading room during lunch. I also need to run to OfficeMax and pick up printer paper and a black ink cartridge. Chris also wants me to pick him up some nices frames and create some photo artwork for his new office. Which means I will get to go to the best place on Earth....Target! yeah!

Well...October 31st is just around the corner. What does your family do to celebrate? We go our churches annual Harvest party. Lots of food...games...and some of those inflatable thingys. Then trunk-r-treating in the parking lot. We used to encourage the children to wear biblical themed costumes(when I was a kid). But now...seeing as this is one of the biggest outreaches our church does...we don't stipulate what to wear. So whether they show up as an angel...or Freddie Kruger...they are shown a good time. And best of all they are safe...and not roaming the streets. I was once "the living bible". I painted a refridgerator box black (with gold on the side and top), had a red strip of fabric hanging out the top (bookmark), made little handles onthe inside,and had Living bible written on the front. I also had a tape recorder inside with the bible on tape going. What a dork! That same year Chris and two friends went as Shadrack, Meshack and Abednego. They wore tattered, burned looking clothes and painted their hair orange and red (like fire). What is the dorkiest costume you ever wore?
What are your kids going to be this year?

4 comments:

Watkins said...

We are going to our church's fall festival - Heros Unmasked - and find bible characters. Food and fun games. Jamie is a pumpkin this year. She's already worn her costume twice. We were thinking about dressing her like Queen Esther for church night.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Teresa, but, I love the temps we're having.

Anonymous said...

Bennett is going to be Thomas the Tank Engine. I got the costume at Target. Oh how I love Target.

Will hasn't dressed up for Halloween in a couple of years. He will stay home and hand out candy.

I hope the weather is cooler on Halloween night. I hate walking around when it is hot.

I hope I didn't scare you off with my long email. It really helped me to talk about it.
Thanks
Blessings
Lisa

The Yanceys said...

This year was interesting for halloween with Tyler. No matter what we did, we couldn't find a halloween costume that he wanted. So this year we are modifying last year's skeleton pirate and going as a ghost pirate.

and for Joshy...Ricky Bobby...No, really he is going as a NASCAR racer in his little NASCAR costume(bought on ebay) and riding in his little car.