Friday, October 06, 2006

True friends can grow separately...without growing apart.

by teresa

Yesterday was a blur of activities.

I wasn't home much of the day.

Back and forth...back and forth.

MIT meeting, alteration lady (I love my new pants), dry cleaners (Chris had a ton of stuff that needed to go), Nick's school(volunteered in the reading room), home to cook(made the yummiest Tuscan pasta recipe from my weight watchers cookbook), Ben's school for a PTA meeting, took Nick to mall for haircut (can you say shaggy dog? Plus today is picture day at school) and to exchange some jeans that were too big, walked in the door at 8:00pm. Put the kids to bed, cleaned up the kitchen, changed into jammies and watched my shows.

Phew!

Glad that day is over.

Today is going to be great.

I am meeting a friend for brunch later. We met at CBN when I worked there. We were inseparable. She's funny and sweet and has the neatest daughters. They even lived with me for a couple of weeks when they were waiting for their new house to be available. Well...kids...housework...life happened and we lost touch for about six years. Her daughter found me on myspace and gave me her moms email. The internet is such a wonderful thing. We have been chatting and finally were able to find a day to get together. I am really looking forward to catching up with her.

Later this afternoon....my Uncle Jim and his family are coming for the weekend. They are going to brave the storms that are due to pound us the entire weekend. We must think of some indoor activities to keep all the kids busy. Maybe we will even get desperate enough to venture to the place we do not speak of....(Chuck E. Cheese). I can't stand the place. Too many kids running around...crummy pizza...stupid money sucking arcade games. But it is the best babysitter around.

Before I go get ready...I just wanted to say something to the guy driving behind me yesterday. Yea...you! After you beeped at me for NOT running a light so that you could rush to wherever in the world you were needing to get to at warp speed....I hope you enjoyed the 20 mph drive you got to take behind me for the next mile. Hitting every light on the way down the parkway hee hee hee. And was that little gesture you made at me sign language for have a nice day pretty lady? I thought so. Next time...chill...slow down....wake up a little earlier if it's going to take you speeding through crowded intersections, causing accidents to get to work on time.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm sorry I have been switching around. Please forgive me. I was getting bored with blogger templates and wanted something prettier. The other blog was harder to use. It wasn't as easy to post pictures.

my address is the same as last time.

www.momxtwo.blogspot.com

You have had a very busy day. Much busier than mine.

Have a great weekend!
Blessings
Lisa