Sunday, October 22, 2006

I Think I'll go for a walk outside now, the summer sun's calling my name...I hear you now, I just can't stay inside all day...

I got to get out, get me some of those rays!
Everybody's smiling, sunshine day!
Everybody's laughing, sunshine day!
Everybody seems so happy today...It's a sunshine day!

Were you singing along? I loooooved the Brady Bunch. Especially the ones with the singing and dancing.

Yesterday was so beautiful. About 64 degrees and sunny. Perfect weather to be outside. Which we were. All day! Ben's soccer game went well. The Strikers won 5 to 0. Yea us! Ben scored one goal and was beyond thrilled with himself. Then we ran across town for Kai's game. He is really good. And it's nice to just relax and watch a game instead of having to coach. His team won 1 to zip.
Then we all packed up (mom,Chris,Katy and her kids) and headed to Chris' new building. Mom loved his new office and all the pictures I put together. And the kids enjoyed running amok...calling each other from the conference rooms and using the ice machine. Then we left Chris to catch up on some work and headed across the street (literally, right across the street) to Mt. Trashmore park (yes...that's the real name) to enjoy the rest of the afternoon. The kids climbed up the giant hill and rolled down about 100 times. They also played in Kids Cove (their favorite thing was the tire swing) and threw the frisbee around. Kaden seemed to enjoy the freedom out of her stroller. But then she kept picking up rocks and putting them in her mouth. So back in the stroller she went.

Nick and Lauren got home around 11:00pm from the youth group outing. Nick was exhausted but said he had a wonderful time on the farm. They played football, cooked out, had a bonfire and hayride around the land. They also had some devotional around the fire and had each kid give a testimony of how they have changed in God. Nick said he spoke...which is amazing. I hope they get together like this more often. Sometimes it's easier for kids to open up in a more relaxed setting.
Well...I'm off to church and then home so Nick can finish his civics project.
Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weather here in Eastern NC has been beautiful too. I am ready for it to get even colder though.

You guys looked like you had a great time at the park.

Feeling a bit sad today because my hubby and son Will left for Mississippi this morning. They will be gone for a week. I hope this week goes by fast.

Have a great week!
Blessings
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I just love all of the pictures. They're great. Nick did a good job taking pictures at Kai's soccer game.