Tuesday, November 07, 2006

by teresa

Lauren just got home from work. I was only downstairs waiting up for her to come home safely (it's raining cats and dogs)....so now I am up in bed.
With Chris out of town watching tv alone is no fun. So I have come up to bed and will lay here checking in on some of my favorite blogs while waiting to see who wins the Va. elections. Ben is laying here next to me. He reminded me as I got him ready for bed...that he gets to bunk with mommy when daddy is out of town. That's fine with me...as long as he doesn't start with the kicking. Nick went to bed around 6:30pm this evening. He isn't feeling all that great (no fever...just stuffy and headache) so he spent most of the afternoon and evening on the couch. I hope he feels better by morning for school. They only go 2 days this week...so I hate for him to miss one.
*speak of the devil*
Nick just came in crying from a headache. So I gave him some ibuprofen and now he is laying at the end of my bed. This should be a comfy night.
Tomorrow I have some running around to do for Saturdays soccer party (order cake, get plates and cups) and also some PTA stuff to get done. Our computer is acting up again (I've been using the laptop today) so I need to take it to the shop. It cuts on fine...but then cuts itself off about a minute later. How aggravating!
Darn...I just realized that I forgot to cut on the dishwasher before I came up to bed. I and waaaaay too lazy to get up and go downstairs to do it. So now the dishes will be impossibly crusty in the morning.
Yesterday, when I fussed at Ben for taking the pine straw out of the back flowerbed (can you call it a flowerbed if there are no flowers in it?) and arranging it in the shape of a road in the middle of the backyard...he said "Well sorry mom...I'm not psychic or anything. I couldn't look into the future and know you would be mad?" Okay....no more Raven!
Lauren told me that one of the local radio stations (107.7 Lite FM) is already playing Christmas music. I looooove Christmas music...but isn't that just a tad bit early? I mean how many times do I need to hear Barbara Mandrell's "It must have been the mistletoe" or Mel Torme's "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire"?
Well...I'm off to sleep. My guy is in the lead for the time being. But they are saying all the precincts are not in yet. So I'll have to find out who won in the morning paper.
Toodles...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that Nick feels better this morning. Will Shorty sleep with you, too? That will be one crowded bed!!

I've started listening to the Christmas music on the radio. I love it and it gets me in the Christmas spirit.