Wednesday, November 22, 2006

by teresa

What a mess it is outside right now.
Southeast Coastal Storm
See that tiny part of Va that is green? That's me!

Really fun errand running weather *sarcastic tone*.

Ben's bus was about 15 minutes late this morning. But I expected that...when it rains his driver picks each child up at their own house (no bus stops) so that they don't have to stand out in the rain. How sweet.

Well...it was ineveitable. Chris is ill. He came home from work yesterday around 1:00pm sick. Puking sick. Not good! He had a time of it all night long. I really hope he improves as the day goes on. It would be miserable to be under the weather on Thanksgiving. Keep him in your prayers.

I am heading out for some last minute shopping as soon as I get Nick to school. Then coming home to do my "oh my God people are coming to my house" cleaning frenzy. Late this afternoon I will head to my friend Barb's house to collect two yummy, homemade pies for our dinner tomorrow. She is the pie lady at Thanksgiving (cookie lady at Christmas) and is generous enough to make extras for our family.

If I get finished with the house early I will put up the Christmas tree. Actually this will be the latest I have put up my tree since moving out of my parents home. It's usually put up the weekend before Thanksgiving (along with the rest of the outdoor and indoor decorations). But with all the sickies around here the past three weeks it has been hard to get anything accomplished.

Well I'm certainly not getting anything done sitting here. So off I go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has rained nonstop since yesterday afternoon. The wind here is awful. I will be glad when this storm passes.

Blessings
Lisa

Watkins said...

I'm sorry to hear everyone is still sick. James worked today so our Thanksgiving will be on Friday night. I will get up early tomorrow and start cooking. We went by Cox and took him some pumpkin pie - the one thing I cooked ahead of time.

I like having our tree up by the first weekend in December. James and Jamie want a real tree so I think Dec 3rd is our day!