Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Got my new washer today...and I likey! I've already christened it 5x over!

by teresa

Did some major cleaning and organizing today.

I took every dish and glass and food storage container out of every cabinet in the kitchen. Threw away alot of old, ugly, mix-matched plates and contaniers with no lids...and lids with no containers, etc. Wiped out everything and then put the best of the best back nice and neat.

I also rearranged my dining area. I removed everything from the room and then swept, scrubbed, restained and polished my wood floor. It was very faded in one area where the rug under the dining table had been in the same place for 10 years. It looks amazing....and the room looks much bigger the way I switched the table around.

I then hung my Christmas wreaths and put candles in all the windows. Tomorrow I will finally finish the outside of the house. My neighbors are soooo putting me to shame. I'll definitely post some pictures later in the week.

I almost forgot to tell you the great deal I got at the thrift store today. Ben ripped a hole in the knee of his ONLY jeans this week. So I ran up the street to see if I could find a substitute pair. I found FIVE pair of GapKid jeans and cargos...and two pair of Childrens Place chinos(khaki and navy blue) for church. All in perfect condition(a couple with tags still on them) and all in Ben's special slim size. It doesn't get any better than that people!

Tomorrow is MIT in the morning and reading room in the afternoon. I need to do some shopping after that. Nick has a birthday party on Friday night and Ben has one Sunday afternoon. My Uncle Jim and his crew are coming on Saturday and Sunday to celebrate Christmas with us. Nick and Ben are thrilled that their cousins will be here to play with. And Chris mentioned that maybe he and Jim will sneak off to see the ODU game Saturday night. It's always a blast whenever they come.

I'm going to look at the weather channel and then hit the hay.

Nighty night....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the record, the game is at noon Saturday:)))

Chris