Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others

by teresa

I Worked the bookfair/library at Ben's school today. The kids there are soooo cute. They give you hugs...and tell you they love you(even when they don't know you). They sit quietly when you tell them to and get so excited about coming in to the library. Like it's an honor to check out the books. Soooo different than at Nick's school. When Ben's class came in he got to walk around with me and shop for books he "must have". He also picked out a High School Musical poster for his room. Man...does that kid love that movie.
Tonight is the PTA meeting and second grade program. Ben's class has been practicing their songs and dances for weeks. I can't wait to see the performance. I will make sure to take tons of pictures.
I did manage to sneak out of the library for a few minutes today to take a peak at Lauren in the kindergarten class. Her teacher invited me in and graciously allowed me to snap some pictures (while Lauren died from embarrassment). Miss Bland told me Lauren is doing a wonderful job interning...that she will make a great teacher and that the kids all love her to death. I was beyond proud!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren is so AWESOME. Love these pics ... she looks so teacher-like. This is the same kid Chris wrote about in the last post? Are you sure?

Anonymous said...

I'm really proud of Lauren, too. She looks like she is enjoying working with the children. I guess Lauren proves you can have a messy room and be great in other areas.

Watkins said...

I know you are glad book fairs are over. You have been such a help to all the schools. Jamie loves high school musical now too. Sings all the songs. Thanks for the recommendation.
Congrats on Lauren becoming a teacher. How awesome!