Friday, November 10, 2006

My nose hurts from wiping it...and I think I am getting a fever blister...life is good!

by teresa

Finally sitting down at the computer for the first time in two days.

I have been sick.

Puke, cough, fever, achy sick.

Not fun.

I feel about 50% today. Only puked once.

I had to leave the house yesterday afternoon to pick up Chris' car. It was finally ready. It looks very nice and shiney.

I need to run out today and pick up the cake for the party tomorrow and drop off Chris' clothes at the dry cleaners. He arrived home from Atlanta last night. I only chatted with him for a couple of minutes...and then went back up to bed. He elected to sleep in Ben's bed last night. I guess incessant coughing and gagging in bed next to you doesn't exactly make for a good nights rest.

In my Nyquil haze of a day yesterday...I forgot to take Chris work key off the key ring when I turned in the rental car. So poor Chris had to schlep around town tracking down where the keys were so he could head to work this morning.

My house looked like poo poo and my hampers were all full from my taking the past two days off sick. So I have been trying to catch up today. Geoge (FIL) took pity on me and summoned Nick to his house this morning to run errands with him. So at least I don't have the boys fighting all day.

Chris is excited because this weekend is the ODU basketball tournament. So there are games Fri, Sat, and Sun. He is taking Nick tonight...then both boys tomorrow night so I can have the evening to myself. Our anniversary is Sunday...but we aren't going out till next week since things are so busy this weekend.

I am going to a book club meeting that some women from church are starting. Tomorrow night will be refreshments and talking about which books we would like to read. If your guys have any suggestions...please let me know. I'm not big into christian fiction...so I have no idea what I would suggest. I like funny...I like mysteries...I don't like fluff (harlaquin romances). Let me know what you come up with.

I'm off to fold and put away another tub.

Have a fantastic weekend!

5 comments:

Gidget said...

Thanks Melissa and Mary.

I felt your hugs...and I'm already feeling better.

Hugs right back at ya!

Anonymous said...

but man he was snoring loud

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Chris finally has his car back and I'm really glad you're feeling better for your busy weekend. It's not fun at all being sick.

I like Frank Peretti's books, Piercing the Darkness, This Present Darkness, The Prophet, The Oath. It's been a long time since I've read those, but they were really good. I also enjoyed the Left Behind Series and Jan Karon's Mitford series.

Anonymous said...

I said a prayer for you. I hope you will be back to normal soon.

I would love to be in a book club. I wish someone in my church would start one.

Blessings
Lisa

Watkins said...

I'm praying you are getting better each day.
I would love to read any books your club suggests also.
I have read the Left Behind series and Jan Karon's Mitford series.
I also read the Sisterchicks and Yada Yada prayer group book series wih a friend of mine. I love them.
I have several of each series if you want to borrow them.