Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Christmas Tag

by teresa

Lisa tagged me. I was tagged by Mary last week when the plague was sweeping through our house...and never got a chance to do it (sorry).

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot choc-o-LOT! Sorry, not a fan of the nog.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa is a wrapper!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored on the tree to match our eclectic mix of ornaments. White on the window wreaths and bushes outside.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No...but we have some in our tree out front. Maybe I'll send Chris up a ladder to fetch it :0)

5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend before Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Breakfast casserole that my MIL brings on Christmas morning.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: One Christmas when I was about 8. I had slept with my parents on Christmas eve....when we woke and went in to see what Santa had left in the livingroom my mom asked me to go in my room and get some socks on my feet. I begrudgedly went and when I opened my door there was a beautiful canopy bed set up in my room. I had never had a bed before (just a mattress and box springs) so this was HUGE to me.

8. How and When did you learn the truth about Santa? My mother told me as we were driving somewhere...I burst into tears.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? NO!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Multicolored lights, ornaments the kids have picked out and made, angel at the top. We let them pick out new ornaments each year. Something to represent what they are into at that time. Such as Scooby doo , Bob the Builder, Spongebob, soccer, etc.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! WE just don't get much of it in this area of Va.

12. Can you ice skate? Are you kidding me? I can hardly walk without stumbling.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My canopy bed is right at the top. But, my favorite toy was my barbie dreamhouse and pool that was all set up and filled with water in the livingroom one Christmas morning.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating the birth of Christ and being with family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My FIL's chocolate, cherry trifle. And the funny thing is...I don't really like cherries. But I can't get enough of this stuff!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to mom's Christmas evening for a casual dinner and opening gifts for the grandchildren and cousins. We did this at my Nanny's(moms mom) until her passing...and now my mom has taken on the roll as "the Nanny".

17. What tops your tree? An Angel

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving! It's the most exciting thing in the world to do. To see someones smile when you give them a gift...or your time...or love. I feel like bursting with anticipation for Christmas morning to come....and the kids to come downstairs. I am always up at the crack waiting.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? It's a tie...The Little Drummer Boy and The Gift (the first nightingale's song)

If you are reading this and you would like to do it too...consider yourself tagged!

3 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Ooo, I had the Barbie swimming pool under my tree one Christmas morning!

Anonymous said...

I love the canopy story. Teresa's Mom (and Dad) are the best!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliments :)