Sunday, November 26, 2006

Near, far, wherever you are...

by teresa

I'm up late.
Red, puffy eyes. Sniffling and stuffy.
Am I sick again?
Nope!
I just stayed up and watched Titanic (for the third time).
And as my nephew Kai would say (in his cute little boy voice)...I kweyed and I kweyed!
Oh Jack...why did you have to die? Rose loved you so much...and you were so much nicer (and cuter) than that guy Billy Zane played. What a jerk that guy was!

*I heart Leonardo DiCaprio*

My list of movies that make me cry would be so long it would take twenty blogs to cover it. But here are a few of my favorites.

Titanic (the old people in the bed holding each other, the frozen mommy and baby, Jack sinking into the ocean,Rose dying and entering the ship with Jack waiting on the stairs)
Notebook (when Noah and Allie are dancing and she forgets who he is)
The Passion (I cry at any movie that depicts Christs crucifixion)
Schindler's List (the little girl in the red coat...enough said)
Steel Magnolias (Sally Field talking about holding her daughters hand as she passed away...how she was so touched to be there the moment she entered the world and the moment she left)
The Pianist (omg..the holocaust! It crushes me to witness the horrible things that happened)
My Life (Michael Keeton dying...making video tapes for his soon to be born child...and when he slips away and he's finally riding that rollercoaster he's been afraid of all his life)
Diary of a Mad Black Woman (when that evil ex husband of hers goes up to the altar at the end...repenting of his sins...and falling on his knees...phew...that gets me everytime!)

What are some of your sure fire tear jerker movies?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many of my favorites are on your list.

Meet me in St. Lois - when Judy Garland is singing Have Yourself a Merry little Christmas because to her little sister Tootie because they are moving to the city.

The Little Princess (British version) - When the girls father dies and they just come out and tell her and don't offer any sympathy. They are so cold about it.

Beaches
Radio - with Cuba Gooding Jr.
It's a Wonderful Life

There are more but these are just a few.

Glad you are feeling better. I was praying for you.

Blessings
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Beaches. I couldn't stop crying for about 1/2 hour after I first saw it.