Tuesday, January 13, 2009

don't touch that dial!

by teresa

I listen to three radio stations in my car.

NPR: when I am shuttling a kid to and fro. Why? Because they hate it. Hahahahaha. And what better pleasure is there than blaring Mozart as your teenager is getting out of the car in front of school? I know....I'm twisted.

Gospel: when we are all in the car going somewhere together. Why? Because when the Green family is within touching distance from each other...God needs to be there too. We have had some not-so-nice car hitting/slapping/screaming/pinching experiences. But when someone's on the box singing about Gods grace...the assaults are kept to a minimum.

The Wave (favorites from yesterday and today): when I am alone. Why? It's got a little bit of everything. Donna Summer, Rascal Flatts, Elton John. I can't get into top 40 anymore. It is all just way too raunchy.

What do you like to listen to?

11 comments:

Watkins said...

K-love / Christian music

Anonymous said...

I listen to Talk Radio on WNIS. gotta be up on the latest conservative stuff.

When I need to sing, I listen to BOB FM because it touches on all those songs I grew up with and a little from today so I can "feel hip"

K-Love when I need to get back on solid ground.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

101.3 2WD when I'm in the mood for soft music...

97.3 THE EAGLE cuz I love my country music...

and 95.7 R&B when I want to get my slow jam on.

Anonymous said...

Five mins. of regular talk radio (Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, all say the same thing over, and over, and over, so 5 mins is all you need).

A little Steve Harvey Show to laugh really hard.

As much Don Imus as possible, to hear a bunch of different points of view and laugh. It's the smartest show on radio.

Laura Ingraham (who does not fit in the first category).

A little sports talk.

And gospel (94.1), because I just can't dig the K-love vibe.

Chris

Jackie Barham said...

Talk Radio ... WNIS or WTAR depending who's on. When I want music I listen to Praise and Worship CDs. Mostly I listen to and/or watch Fox News Channel on TV.

Anonymous said...

mostly 97.3 or 94.9 or my Ipod cuz i can listen to it thru the radio now! But what slow jam? Nobody needs to know about all that! LOL

Scott

Dysd Housewife said...

Love the "when we are in touching distance God needs to be there too" comment. ROFL! So true!

Anonymous said...

K-LOVE, WNIS, and ESPN sports radio as long as Tony Mercurio is NOT on.

John Mroz

Unknown said...

Country mostly, alittle 96.1 rock when Chalres hijacks the dial and Cd's or IPOD filled with 80's music, praise and worship and other hard, fast music.

Jackie Barham said...

I love the "when they're touching God needs to be there" comment too! Good one ... and so true.

Anonymous said...

Country during the daytime, Delilah at night, 1230 AM station when my Daddy is in the car.

I thought the Mozart comment was funny. Do you also kiss Nick goodbye when he gets out of the car in front of the school?