Saturday, January 03, 2009

I'm nesting

by teresa

I had a dream.
A dream where dirt, clutter and stench were no more.
Things were organized and labeled in Rubbermaid, the useless was taken to the dump, and the once filthy and uninhabitable was made clean and perfect. Cozy even.
Today I awoke and made this dream a reality.
I cleaned my teenagers room.
Not just clean.
Beyond clean.
I emptied it!
I put all saveable and nostalgic paraphernalia in marked containers(ready and waiting in the attic for our little bird to fly the coup) and the rest (bags upon glorious bags) went to our local trash yard via my dad's old pickup.
Only the clothes that fit, books that need to be read, and school supplies for the upcoming semester are in there now.
What does my daughter think of this?
Well, she doesn't know.
Her and her friends went to Atlanta to catch some college and NBA basketball games for the weekend.
I figure, what does she care?
She uses that space from about midnight to 8:00am (and even less during college breaks).

I wonder if she would notice if I moved her brother's bed in there?
The boys have been begging for their own rooms. hmmmmm.

2 comments:

Jackie Barham said...

Clean she may notice. Brother's bed in her room ... more likely she would notice. If the boys get their own room will they still want to spend the night at Nanny's house? I sure hope so.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Lauren for all of the really cool shirts. You don't know I have them yet, but you will when you see me wearing them.