Sunday, January 18, 2009

you know you have an awesome bookclub when you get home at midnight!

by teresa

I just woke up from a two hour nap. I really, really needed that. Yesterday was nonstop with activities from 9:30am-midnight. It was book club night and we were having such a great time talking, painting and eating that I didn't get home till around midnight. When I walked in the door I realized Lauren had friends over and Chris was hanging out with them. I restraightened the house and sat with a book (Lovely Bones) until they left. We went up at 2:00am. Who do I think I am... some twenty year old college kid? I was feeling it this morning when we woke for church.

Right now we are all about to snuggle on the couch and enjoy a good football game. My team, The Steelers, are playing and I really hope big Ben (Roethlisberger) takes care of business!

Pictures of yesterday's games: Kai's team won, Kristian's team (Chris coached) lost by two, Nick's team won 50-15 and Ben's team had a victory of 9-1 (with Ben heading the ball in the goal). What a day!

3 comments:

Jackie Barham said...

I love watching my boys play sports and hanging out with everyone on Saturdays and this weekend we got bonus time on Friday night and Sunday ... it was a very good weekend for us grandparents.

Jackie Barham said...

One thing would have made it complete ... seeing Lauren. We miss her now that she's all grown up. Maybe we can come hang out with ya'll around midnight sometime (HAHA!)

Anonymous said...

I love being with all the family (including you and George) on Saturdays, too. We are so blessed that our family lives close by and is so close. It's sometimes exhausing, but I wouldn't want it any other way.