Wednesday, February 08, 2006

random thought

by teresa
Those Liberty Tax people...freak me out! I would rather stand in line at welfare, than get a job standing by the road trying to flag down cars in my Uncle Sam getup. Some even have megaphones..and yell at you when you pass by. And then there's the ones who sing and dance out there. Seriously...we have one near our house. You ride by...it's 35 degrees outside and he's out dressed like a white trash Lady Liberty...and doing the robot. The most outrageous one yet though is the one I say today on the way home from Katy's. He was a tall black man...dressed like Uncle Sam (I think)...with a white mans mask on....and two big blown up balloons shoved in his coat like boobs....doing the running man. I may have to go back and get a picture of that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes ... you must get a picture. These gotta be actors trying to get discovered.

The Yanceys said...

We have one of those by our house too!!!! I agree they are freaky, but I would rather be them then the cow at Chick-fil-a.

Neil Bates said...

Well... I understand the sentiments of those who find the experience "grating" when they run into "wavers" for Liberty Tax like me, but I get a kick out of playing Uncle Sam. It gives me a chance to try my funk moves and get some exercise, fresh air and sun. I don't like sitting all day (but will for enough $$$.) I love it when the little iridescent sports car drives by, almost every day (that special angle-dependent multicolor paint costs about $5k/gal!)

Many of those passing by get a kick out of it too - I think they often get bored or stressed at work and find it an amusing diversion to see a costumed oddball dancing and waving!

I work along Jefferson Ave. in Newport News VA, it's a gas.

"Funkle Sam"