Saturday, December 09, 2006

It's a bit nippy in here

by teresa

Chris is now home. He walked in from the airport...went to bed...and didn't get up for sixteen hours. I guess he was a bit worn out from his week of travel.

Ben spent last night with Jackie and George and Nick had a friend from church sleep over. They were up late watching movies and playing video games.

I woke up around 7:00am...and it was FREEZING in the house. I went down and checked the thermostat and it read BELOW 60 degrees. I had the heat set to 70...but nothing was blowing. I checked the breakers and the box and I got nothing! So the repair man in due here in about 10 minutes. Could one more thing break around here? Sheesh!

I was up at Ben's school around 8:00am this morning to set up for Santa's breakfast. I had to also take the money for pictures with Santa and Mrs. Claus. We took 155 photos! And over 200 breakfasts were presold. It was catered by IHOP...and boy was it yummy. We only had about 50 show up for last years breakfast. Everyone was thrilled with the turnout. Jackie brought Ben up to get his picture done and then eat. She took him back to her house to help put up decorations and make a gingerbread house.

Chris took Nick's friend home...took Nick to his doctors appt...then home to shower and then up to church to volunteer for the Operation Blessing luncheon. It's for children who's loved one is in prison. I think they bought gifts ($100 worth) for around 75 children. Nick will be serving them lunch and cleaning up.

Well I'm of to corral the dog so he won't tear into the repair man when he comes to the door.

See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We thought you kept the heat below 60 degrees on purpose :) I hope it's nothing too costly. Ben, George and I had a great day. I love it when one of the grands spend the day at our house. We didn't get around to the gingerbread house, so, we'll have to do that another day.