Friday, December 15, 2006

To the Finish Line and Basketball Withdrawl

By Chris

It's Friday. The last day before being out of the office for about three weeks. That's right. Three weeks. Sure, I have to do a round-trip to Raleigh Monday . . . but after that there is the potential to actually be off until January 8! My boss actually pushed the issue with me to take that long off. Do I look tired or something? That's a pretty good boss, huh? Of course, with that type of time off on the horizon, everything blows up! So it's gonna be a real sprint to the finish line. So, why am I blogging? I guess because clearing the mind makes you sprint harder. Besides, it is going to be really tough to be off that long anyway. I mean, what in the world do you do for three weeks? I really don't think I have not worked at least a little for three weeks straight. Ever. Really. Since I was 16. Heck, It wasn't all that long ago that I would take vacation days from one job to get work done on "consulting" work done for some extra $$. I'm sure there are some things that need to be painted or whatever. But, that actually makes me want to go to work! I've tried to talk Teresa into getting on a plane with me and going somewhere for a few days. No-go yet. I've considered looking up all the best college basketball games on the slate in my part of the country and venturing to see them with whomever wants to tag along. Lauren did one such trip with me once in the days before hanging with dad was uncool, and she still remembers it . . . staying in the hotel and all.

Speaking of basketball, I am jonesing for a game! My ODU Monarchs are taking exams and it has been like 10 days since they played. The good guys actually take off for exams, recognizing that these dudes are actually college students. But it's a bummer for pathetic roundball junkies like me. I mean, even the blog and message boards slow down! Alas, there is a game Saturday night and Monday night, so I am about to get my fix.

Alright. Mind cleared . . . back to work.

1 comment:

Gidget said...

THREE WEEKS?

HAVE MERCY!

YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO WORK....BUT YOUR GONNA HAVE TO GET OUTTA HERE!

Just kidding honey...I will enjoy our time together.