Friday, December 15, 2006

Uncle Chris ....UPDATED AT BOTTOM OF POST!!

by teresa

A great lady and friend from one of my favorite blogs mailed me a Christmas card last week. It is so pretty and it has her sons pictures on the front.

I put it at the front of my Christmas card display.

Chris came home from work and noticed the card. He asked...who is that?

I told him who it was and he was like....that's just weird. He doesn't get the whole internet friend thing. When ever I say my friend said this or my friend did that...he asks.....is it a real friend or virtual friend? He just doesn't get it!

Well everyday...when he walks into the livingroom he smiles and says something about having the pictures of somebodies children you have never met on display.

The other day one of the kids noticed the picture. They asked Chris....who is that?

Chris smiled and said....they are my blog nephews.

UPDATE

My friend Lisa....who this blog was talking about....needs your prayers.

Her mother had a heart attack yesterday.

They are very, very close (they even live next door to each other just like me and my parents) and she is terrified of losing her.

She is only 67.

Lisa has asked for all of us bloggers (AND READERS) to please pray for her mother and this whole family.

Also...she has asked for words of encouragement on her blog (in the comments of her last post).

Go...do it. I know...most of my readers don't usually leave comments. But please do in this situation.

Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blog nephews ... that's a good one. I think it's cool how you have developed Blog Buddies.

Watkins said...

Praying for Lisa and her mom. I know it's hard. My sister is staying with my mom this week after her 2nd laser eye surgery.