Thursday, December 14, 2006

Only 11 more days till Christmas.

by teresa

I can't believe it.....can you?

I have more shopping and lots of baking to do still.

My kids are bought for (except for one more thing for Ben)...but the rest are done.

I didn't stick to my "two things only rule".

I ended up getting three things each.

Next year instead of a quantity...I think I should set a cost limit instead. Because three things can cost as much as 10 things...if you get the right things :0)

But I do LOVE my babies....and it's hard not to get them something they would squeal over. Ya know?

The good thing is we won't have a house full of neglected toys.

I am also getting new batteries for all their old toys (game boy advance, video now, bop it, portable tv/radio,etc.). So it will be like getting them all over again.

I still need to buy for Katy's kids. I was holding out for a raffle I had entered for a TMX Elmo. But no such luck....I didn't win. Pooh!

So Chris and I will go out soon and get them something later this week. Or maybe I should leave him at home. He has a tendency to spoil her children a bit. I think he feels they have a void to be filled with their father off an married to someone else now (and expecting a baby with the new woman any day). So I better leave him at home....or Kristian will be getting one of these. Don't laugh....I could see him buying it for her!

I also need to buy baking supplies for this weekend. I will make the cookies and fudge and other yummies for our neighbors and the boys teachers. I have had the tins for like two months now just waiting to be filled.

I did finish my Christmas cards yesterday...and even got them in the mail. I had to stand in line at the post office for 30 minutes waiting to get a couple books of the pretty snowflake stamps. But it felt so good to mail them off. I usually do it much earlier...but this year everything has been delayed due to the Green Family Plague of 2006.

Today the heating man comes to restore us to full warmth. Actually...it hasn't been bad at all. We have had unseasonably warm weather this week and it is supposed to continue for many more days. I'm talking HIGH 60's!

To all you guys knee deep in snow......LUCKY!!!! My kids would give anything for a white Christmas. You are having snowball fights and building snowmen......and I am digging in the closet for my capris and flipflops. grrrrr

Let me go make breakfast (muffins) for the family.

Be blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to get my Christmas cards done so they will arrive by Christmas.

You're right about Chris. He really is there for Katy's kids. They enjoy their alone time with him. You have a real gift in him.