Saturday, December 30, 2006

Stay out of my room!

by teresa

Lauren came down from her room mad this morning. Apparently she went to sit at her vanity and put on makeup....but someone had taken her new lipgloss and written on her vanity seat. And it wasn't just scribbling. They had written N I C K in lipgloss across the seat. "It's a mess!" , she said. "Those boys need to stay out of my room!" Hmmmm...I thought. Who was it? What little gremlin could have done this without my knowledge. Now I was in her room putting some laundry away yesterday afternoon when she left for work. Nothing had been touched then. Also....Nick was sick in bed (headache) ALL DAY yesterday. And if it was Nick...surely he would be smart enough not to write his name in the lipgloss. Ben...however was upstairs unattended while I was cleaning downstairs. I can't believe that little sneak tried to set his brother up like that. I think I should let Nick decide his punishment...don't you?

There's never a dull moment around here.

The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Erma Bombeck. YOU need to write a book, then, people will be quoting YOU on their blog. That's a good idea having Nick come up with the punishment. Let us know what it is.

Anonymous said...

It could be Lauren setting up both of her brothers. You know how much she likes to write on things with nail polish, etc. (Sorry, Lauren,)