Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My feet hurt

by teresa

I spent five hours at Ben's school yesterday...rushing back and forth to the handraising cues of 200 children.

Hardly a moments break in between classes coming in.

I worked the Santa shop. It is filled with gifts for mommies and daddies, brothers and sister, grandma's and grandpa's, etc. The kids come in...get a blank list...look around and then raise their hand when they see something mom would like. We write it down and the price. Then they take that list home and their parents send in the appropriate money. They come back in the rest of the week to shop and get the presents wrapped. That way they have surprise gifts for everyone.

They are not allowed to shop for themselves....only loved ones. This is VERY hard for some of them to handle. So they would be like...ummmm...."I want to write down that egg filled glow in the dark green slime" I would ask..."for who?" Ummmm..."for my daddy." "He loves slime." Too funny! I would try and redirect them to the mugs or keychains, or tool sets. But they would be adamant about that green slime. So I would write it down. Merry Christmas Dad!

I am going back for round two today. This time I'm wearing my comfy shoes (bo bo's)!

It's going to be a long day. I have Santa shop....then a PTA meeting at 3:00pm...and the kindergarten pta program and play tonight at 6:00pm. I will be working the t-shirt sales table (yippee...sarcasm). Lauren is also attending tonight to help with the kindergarten play. I can't wait to see her up there with the other teachers.

Makes a momma proud I tell ya!

To everyone commenting on my wonderful new background.....
I had NOTHING to do with it. My sweet friend Mary designed the whole thing herself. She is SUPER talented...isn't she? Go over to her house today and say hello. She's been painting her daughters room(two colors AND decorative border...impressive). We all know how FUN painting is (again with the sarcasm)...so give her a little love. Then you can see her cool background.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: