Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Last Leg This Week

By Chris

Alright, after about 12 hours at home, I'm almost through my last leg of travel for the week, making it to Savannah this morning after a 6 a.m. departure. And, it was crowded this morning. Parking garage fuller than usual . . . security line longer than usual . . . and most people were not in business attire. Seems vacation travel is already in full swing. I scored my free upgrade this morning, and was the only person in the cabin who was not a part of this one family, headed to Aruba. I sat next to the nicest little girl who was JAZZED about the trip. What a trip, huh? First class, the whole family, to Aruba. It seemed to be three generations (there was a set of grandparents, then a couple of other family units with kids). Even a 9 month old baby, who didn't cry once. They also knew these two fellas who came through the cabin and indicated they were headed to Veil for a long weekend of snowboarding. They were all very Barbie and Ken-ish, but pretty nice. Savannah's nice and everything, but it ain't Aruba or Veil, and I sure am not on vacation! I did get a very nice room right on the river. Literally. I could jump off my balcony into it. The huge, beautiful suspension bridge is off to the left. Very nice. But, it is COLD. No walking the river like I planned tonight. I'm told to expect below 20 degrees in Atlanta tomorrow. Any birds that flew south to here for the winter are going to be in shock!

Oh well. . . .As usual, a dinner meeting calls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one "fold my laundry please". Wow ... I'd sure like to be headed for Arua! I could pass on Vail ... too cold for me, however, I really go for Aruba.

Anonymous said...

I'm not exactly sure where Aruba is, but it sounds nice to me, too. I guess you're not in Hotlanta now. What do you call it when it's cold? Arctlanta?

Gidget said...

Melissa you are too funny!

Stay warm honey.

Did you take a coat?