Sunday, November 14, 2010

"There is no love sincerer than the love of food." George Bernard Shaw

By Teresa

Piled on our bed, late Saturday night, recapping our days with the boys. Ben's talking about day one of his tournament and Nick is telling me all about the ODU football game. I asked him if his friend Marcus enjoyed the game and tailgating. He said they had a blast and both chowed down on the food I sent (hamburgers, brats and shrimp). "After we ate and chilled, dad gave us our tickets and let us walk around campus and head to the stadium on our own". He said they went in the web center and hung out with some students and then he casually mentions another tailgate lot they hit. Have you ever seen the movie Wedding Crashers? The characters go from wedding to wedding, of people they don't know, just for the free party and food. Well, Nick is a tailgate crasher. In his words, "Mom, we went to the rich people lot next to the stadium (you have to donate like $5,000 to get on this lot) and joined the party". I was dying laughing. I asked him how in the world did he do it? He said, he and Marcus were just mingling and a nice lady asked If they wanted a plate of food. Of course they didn't turn it down! "I had fried fish, fried chicken, macaroni and cheese and some puffy thing". "They even had a cool ice sculpture of a lions head!". Only my kids! This reminds me of the time Lauren went up to a stranger and asked if she could have some of their donuts.
I guess next year I'm going to gave to do better than grilled brats and potato salad.

1 comment:

Jackie Barham said...

ROFL!! George calls it "YOGI-ing". You know, Yogi and BooBoo looking for picnic baskets.