Saturday, January 21, 2006

read-a-thon update

by teresa
Tonight we read for 40 minutes. It would have been for more...but Ben fell asleep when I was reading to him. Him and Nick were all cozy on the couch. They had eaten...bathed and jammied up. I had already warned them that there would be no tv tonight...just reading. So they curled up and after about 40 minutes of the Beagle in my backpack...I hear snoring. They both were asleep. Even shorty was asleep on the loveseat. And it was getting good too! Oh well...I'll try to finish it tomorrow.
Just a random thought....have you ever notice how long it takes to read a book out loud? Much..much longer that just reading to yourself. I read a 672 page book in one afternoon (HP&HBP)...but I can't finish a 142 page book (4th grade reading level) in three nights.

No comments: