Saturday, January 28, 2006

Something Smells Good

By Chris

Dinner is cooking and it smells realllll good. Still in Warrenton with Teresa's Aunt and Uncle. Beth cooks, well . . . real good and real often when we are here. That's perfect. If you do something good, you should do it often, I say. I've been smelling the roast since we got home from the game at around 4:00. Now, there's pot's 'a boiling, knifes 'a choppin' and spoons 'a stirrin'. I like those sounds. I can see the kitchen from the computer, and I know I have seen potatos, biscuits, broccoli and meat so far. There's still homemade cake, including homemade icing from last night left, too. Fresh baked bread was also around yesterday (I had bannana as a side with my cake, hehe). Joey and Ben just came in . . . "what's that smell!" "MMMMmmmmmmm" Ben is all smiles. Time to eat, I think. Read it and weep all ye suckers who didn't come with us!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds so good. I wish I were there with everyone. But, I got alot done here today.

See you tomorrow. Drive carefully!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm ... sounds good ... love those smells too. Wish we were there ... I love the excitement of lots of kids and family just enjoying each other. We miss you.