Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Day One From the Road

By Chris

Day one on the road this week is pretty un-eventful. Fought back my stomach issues and made it to Richmond by mid-Day . . . stayed through a dinner meeting, heading out about 7:45 and checked in to Baltimore about 10:30. Forgot deodorant, but found a 7-11. I don't drive to Baltimore much anymore with the cheap Soutwest airline tix. So, I got reaquainted with the Beltway tonight. Even at night, it is easily the worst place to drive I've seen. From about the infamous Springfield Interchange area to just inside the Maryland state line, there is constant lane shifting and construction with blinking signs everywhere! They have re-painted the lanes so many times, there is no telling where you are supposed to drive at some points. So, you just have to go for it and hope everyone is following similar rules and traffic paterns at 70 mph. I do like going over the Wilson bridge because of the neat view of the city you can get from the top, the Washington monument clearly distinguishable in the distance (Teresa would tell me to quit looking at that stuff while driving on the bridge).

This may be the last blog check-in from the road. . . Heading out of B-more Wed. afternoon, with a VERY early trip to Atlanta Thurs. and a basketball game Thurs. night before getting home . . . not sure where\if I'll be able to hook up again???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, quit looking over the bridge at that stuff while driving :)
Be Safe!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

It IS really crazy driving to Baltimore. I don't like it at all.
I'm glad you got there and back safely.