Thursday, July 06, 2006

ahhhhh...I needed that!

by teresa
It has been cloudy and rainy here all day. Haven't seen the sun yet...and it's 3:30! The kids have been going stir crazy since their eyes opened from their evening slumber. Of course when it's raining...all they want to do is go outside and play. There lack of outdoor entertainment was producing many fights...tantrums...messes...and headaches (mine). Around noon I had more than I could take! With Lauren home I saw an OUT! I got my shoes on...picked up my purse...and said, "I'll be back in a little bit". All three of their heads whipped around faster than the speed of light. Mom? Going out? Without...us? Can she do that? I fled before they could make chase. Did I have anywhere to go? No. But I went! I ended up at the post office (stamps)... Walgreens (hair dye, eye brow wax, and a candy bar)... thrift store (got nuttin). The kids only called three times. Actually...it was Ben all three times. Call #1 Mom...Nick is being mean to me! Call #2 Mom...Lauren is being mean to me! Call #3 Mom...when are you going to be here? In all...I think I was gone for about and hour and a half. Not very long to the childless...but to us SAHM's...it's just what the doctor ordered....it's wonderful...it's EVERYTHING!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have we told you lately how much we appreciate you choosing to be a SAHM? Well ... we do. Everday when I see the day care kids I thank God ya'll made that choice ... especially when I hear a very little one cry for their Mom. Thank you, Thank You, Thank You!

Musings of a Housewife said...

How old is Lauren? I need a Lauren!!! Sound sheavenly. Well, except for the phone calls. ;-)