Monday, July 24, 2006

this post is so boring...it doesn't even deserve a title...

by teresa

I am so pathetic! I helped in puppet class (I was Teekaboo) at church yesterday. Which means another person and myself did a five minute puppet show based on the lesson. After about 2 minutes of having my arm sticking straight in the air (we are behind a puppet stage) it felt like it weigh 100 pounds! Seriously....I thought I would die! That's just sad.
Kai's sunday school teacher pulled me aside in the hall and said that she was asking the children what makes them afraid. When she got to Kai he said....I'm not afraid of anything! I'm the MAN OF THE HOUSE...don't you know! That's so cute....and so sad! He's only 5 and he has to feel this way. His dad (my sister's ex) left them...has now remarried (a woman with 2 young children) and now they are expecting their own child. I just have ONE question. HOW IN THE WORLD DOES A PARENT LEAVE THEIR CHILDREN?????????? How can you stand not knowing what they are doing all the time...what they ate for dinner...what they drew in school today...why they are crying or moody? grrrrr let's move on....
When we got home I grilled out the steaks and burgers. We were about to grill out Saturday night....but ended up going out to dinner with Chris' parents instead. After our meatfest...we all went upstairs and took a nap. It was wonderful. Lauren went over her friend Andrew's(from church) house. Nick ended up riding his bike over Jackie and George's...but Ben snuggled between Chris and I and we three slept for over two hours! I don't know why...but a Sunday afternoon nap feels better than any other nap time.
The most interesting show was on TLC last night....it was called The Smallest People in the World. It was the story of these four children in the US who are primordial dwarves. They were super tiny (like one young girl was a little over 2 feet...weighing like 16 pounds...age 16). They were very interesting kids with amazing personalities. There are only like 100 like them in the world (40 in the US).
Today there's not much planned to do today. Nick already left for school. He was very tired when I woke him this morning. I was thinking of letting him stay home and sleep(which would mean I would get to sleep)...but I ended up getting up and fixing him breakfast. The smell of waffles brought him downstairs quickly. Ten minutes later he was full...dressed and eager to get on the bus. Lauren spent the night at a friends (our pastors daughter). Then she has cheering from 1-4 and then work tonight. Chris will be heading to work soon...and Ben and I plan to go to the grocery store. Need me to pick something up for you while I'm there?

Well...I'm off to shower and begin my day. Hopefully something interesting will happen today that is blogworthy....because this post was B.O.R.I.N.G!

Ciao...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunday afternoon naps are the best! After getting up before dawn so that I can get all three kids fed and dressed (not to mention myself) and get my husband out of bed so we can all get to church by 8:30 and then spending 3 hours trying to keep the family quiet and respectful (and dressed!) I am sooooo ready for a nap when we get home!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE NAPS. It is such a great feeling to crawl into bed with about 10 pillows all around you with the fan on.

Anonymous said...

This post was so boring it crashed the blog site ... just kidding. When I tried to comment on this earlier, it wouldn't let me do it. Now I forgot what I was going to comment.

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»