Tuesday, July 25, 2006

“One thing a mother must always save for a rainy day is patience”

by teresa
It's been rainy here in my neck of the woods. With the boys cooped up and restless I decided to let them make and decorate cupcakes. Ben and I had found these cool shaped foils at the store the other day. They turned out really cute. The cakes popped right out of the molds...no sticking at all! They used orange dreamsicle cake mix and cream cheese icing. Have mercy!! Here's a little collage of their work.




























I'm bored. Ben keeps hounding me to play Frogger with him (2player). My fingers hurt I have played so much! Nick came home with information about a party the last day of summer school. Are you kidding me? It's only two weeks of classes and they want to have a party? The notice from the teacher requested that we bring in something from russian cuisine. ???? I will hop online later....I'm sure there are some russian recipes sites out there. Tonight is the boys karate class....and I don't have the motivation to go. It's raining....my hair looks poopy....and all I want to do is crawl into bed and read. But...the boys are looking forward to class. So I must forge on! Chris is in Greenville today...I have no idea when his flight comes back tonight. So no cooking ...I think I'll just pick up the boys dinner on the way to karate. Lauren is working till 9:45 so I don't have to worry about her dinner either.
I sincerely hope you guys days have been more exciting than mine!

Later gators...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa--PIEROGIES are close enough to Russian cuisine as any kid is going to get. I recommend Mrs. T's in the frozen food section, if you can find them. I think the only 'proper' preparation is parboiled or microwaved and then fried in butter! Or if you're feeling creative, I saw a recipe on the Food Network for Buffalo Pierogies that I've been wanting to try. (then send them in the crockpot to keep warm).

Anonymous said...

Hey, you did make cupcakes! We are actually in Myrtle Beach this week, but we were in Virginia Beach in April. I can't believe school starts so soon either.

Watkins said...

I saw the note about pierogies. I haven't had them for years. Read them in a magazine originally. I didn't know they were russian. I got some today at the grocery store and had them for lunch. Yum. Hope Nick has fun at the party. Hard to believe after two weeks they have a party but why not - life is short.

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»