Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Almost There

By Chris

Alright. Almost home. Waiting for a connecting flight now for the last leg. A fortunate and extremely rare twist: scored upgrades on both flights today, all seems to be on-time, and my connecting flight is at the gate right next to my arriving gate! That's unheard of, especially in Atlanta where there are hundreds of gates. Had a somewhat embarrassing breakfast this a.m. Used to hotels like Residence Inn and Courtyard having free breakfast, I walked down to the lobby through a back hallway, picked up a plate and prepared myself a nice protein-filled breakfast. Pretty soon, a waitress came over to me acting really strange . . . "Uhh, good morning sir. Would you like any juice," she said as she put salt and pepper on my table and gave me a place setting. I already had a drink, which I had served myself. Strange, I thought. Then I noticed she was waiting on people. That's weird. These setups don't usually come with service. Then, I noticed them seat a family who walked to the front of the eating area. And I spotted a cash register at a small kiosk. Yep, I had just walked through a back entry and served and seated myself in a restarurant! Without even realizing it! I confirmed it when I noticed a menu in the condements holder. The buffet was but one of the options, and you had to indicate what you wanted (eggs were extra, waffles a different price etc.). I thought it was an awefully nice setup. And, I swear the last time I was there it was a serve-yourself free breakfast. I finally told the lady what I had done, she laughed . . . and brought me a bill based on what I had eaten.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really funny, Chris. At least you should have been able to save $ on the tip since you served yourself.