Friday, July 07, 2006

shiver me timbers...

by teresa

Today Nick had his friend Jason come over to spend the day. Jason and his family used to attend our church. Jason has come over once a week during the summer to play with Nick since kindergarden. The day went really well...except for the few times I had to pry Ben away from them. Nick was getting aggravated that him and Jason were having to entertain Ben all day. They rode bikes...played basketball ...walked the dog and then we all went over to mom's pool for a few hours. The weather was perfect and the kids had cannonball contests. Why is it that my kids insist on bombarding me with the same requests everytime we visit the pool? Like...count how long I can stay under! Tell me if my handstand is straight! Count how long it takes me to swim to the ladder! See how high my splash goes! Tell me if my splash is higher than my brothers! GOOD GRIEF!! Why can't they just SWIM!!! Anyway...after the pool we ordered a pizza and then we went to LaserQuest. the boys had a great time there. You get to make up any name to sign in as. Nick was...Tricky Nicky. Jason was...firecracker. Ben picked...Jam Master B. They each played 2 games...while I sat in the lobby and read a book. After laserquest we stopped and picked up some of the greatest food ever made!!! Jason said it was his favorite...so I was MORE than happy to accomodate (accomodate meaning...buy a dozen and give him two).
I think later we may go see Pirates of the Carribean. I heart me some Johnny Depp!
Hope you guys have all been well today...and that your weekends are filled with happy family fun!


have mercy...

4 comments:

Gidget said...

I agree with you on that one Mary! I am excited to see Pirates...but I was out at Midnight for my HP and the GOF!

Anonymous said...

What time did you start your day ... must have been early to get all that in. Pastor Robbie and Lynn went to see Pirates of the Carribian at midnight Thursday night ... they obviously are younger that me.

Anonymous said...

I haven't bought advanced tickets for a movie since Star Wars Episodes 1 & 2. I waited in line for 6 hours for Episode 1! 6 hours in the hot Arizona sun. 6 long hours of sun, burning my skin. 6 very long hours of finding out that one of my ex-boyfriends worked at the movie theater and was the guy assigned to hand out cups of water to the people waiting in line, so I got to see him at least twice an hour. Those were 6 very, very long hours indeed.

Gidget said...

Six hours??? Oh my! The closest I've come to anything like that was the book party we went to when the HBP came out last July. We got there around 6 and stayed until midnight when they handed out the books.

I love StarWars too...but (don't think less of me) I waited for it to come out on dvd to watch it.
I know...I know..."Bad person am I"