Monday, July 10, 2006

In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul.

by teresa

Today was a great day. The weather was lovely (85degrees and breezy) and the kids got a long good. Nick cut mom's grass (for $20) and I took Ben, Kai and Kristian to a bible club that my friend from MIT was putting on at her house. It's called the 5-day club...and she brought in teens from her church to teach the lessons and had water games and snacks. Kinda like a VBS...she even put out flyers throughout all her neighborhood and the surrounding ones. It was very impressive. It was from 1:30-3:30...and the kids had a blast. There had to be at least 30 kids there. Lots of unchurched kids...which is outstanding! Ben was very excited to see some friends from his 1st grade class in attendance. Tomorrow I will make sure to bring my camera! Oh yeah...and she said the parents don't have to stay...all us mom's looked at each other when she said that like we had just won the lottery. One minute later the minivans were squealing out of her court! I was able to go to the library, Target, and the grocery store all by myself! I felt alittle guilty so I bought some snacks for tomorrow's bible club. Once we got home the kids literally went from my car to mom's pool. When we pulled up Nick, mom and Katy were all in the pool already...so the kids hopped right in. Dad was grilling out burgers and hotdogs...so I didn't even have to fix dinner. I know...I told you it was a great day! The only bummer was that Chris left this morning for DC and won't be back till the end of the week. The kids and I will stay busy with karate and the 5-day club for the rest of the week. Right now the boys are in bed(Nick is listening to HPHBP on cd...Ben was reading in bed, but fell asleep)...and Lauren is cleaning her room. Don't faint...she's only cleaning it to butter me up. She wants to go to the beach with some friends tomorrow...and she knows I will say yes if her room is perfect (did I ever mention I'm kinda anal about having things just so in my house?). I'm off to bed...I'm going to lay right in the middle of the bed (since Chris is gone) and read until I fall asleep. I hope you all have pleasant dreams!

nightie night...

5 comments:

a.d. said...

I don't know too many people who would be interested, so I'm sharing with your family: I have a few Playstation (version one - the archaic model) games that I am trying to give away: Frogger, Crash Bandicoot, Activision Classics, Sim City 2000 - will these work with your Playstation, and would you want them?

Gidget said...

Yes...they would work with our PS2. Cool! Chris and I just discussed that we needed to find a Frogger game! They all sound fun...thanks Dawn!

Anonymous said...

Did you really get the bed all to yourself or did you have to share it with Shorty?

Gidget said...

I got the whole bed to myself! Ben AND Shorty fell asleep in there...but I moved them when I went upstairs for the night. It was GLORIOUS!!

Anonymous said...

I love falling asleep reading! It's always a little disorienting when I wake up in the middle of the night with the lights in my room on, though!