Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ive got the JOY JOY JOY JOY down in my heart...where?

Down in my heart...where?
Down in my heart!
And I'm so happy...so very happy!
I've got the love of Jesus in my heart!

Come on you guys...don't you remember this song from Sunday school? I loved that one and the B-I-B-L-E...yes that's the book for me!
I love it when I hear my kids singing these songs like I did as a child.

Anyway...today has been wonderful. Blue skies and sunshine. The kids all got off to school great his morning...athough the boys were both a tad sleepy from being out at church last night past their bedtimes. Chris took Nick to school for me because I had my MIT meeting this morning. Now that school is back in session we will be resuming our weekly thursday meeting time. We had such an empowering meeting. We usually take about 30-45 minutes...but today we were there from 8:30-10:50! We closed out the meeting in an hour...then sat around discussing kids and husbands (in a good way honey:) and family and thinking of new prayer requests and comparing our pasts. Us SAHM's are so sheltered from the world, (at least I feel that way sometimes) and our lives are all about the kids, the house, our husband...that when we get away from the home and sit with other mom's...it's hard to pry us apart. I look so forward to my weekly meetings.
Last night was our first soccer practice. It looks like a very promising season for the Strikers. Almost all of the kids showed real talent immediatley. Yeah!! It was hot and muggy though(a long hour)...and I look forward to the games where it will be nice and chilly here in a few weeks. Here's Chris in the end of practice huddle....and then Katy poking her head in (she's never seen a camera she didn't like!)












After the moms in touch meeting I headed over to Office Max to pick up some binders for Lauren...and then some candy for Nick's homeroom teacher. Since I had expressed interest in helping her with any needs she might have...she asked if I could pick up some candy for her class rewards. So I did...remember...I AM the biggest suck up on the planet. I decided to take it up there on my way home so I could have a chance to see the secretary. I don't think I blogged about it...but when I went up to Nick's school with my MIT goodies before school began...the secretary in the annex of the middle school (where the 6th graders are) was very rude to me. She wouldn't even let me put my goodies out for the teachers. I had to trot over to the main building and leave them there. They were MORE than happy to have them over there. But I just couldn't get over the attitude this woman gave me. And you guys KNOW how I am. I can NOT have someone not like me! So from that moment on...OPERATION "HEAPING COALS" HAS BEGUN! You know the verse...Romans12:20...Therefore if your enemy is hungry, feed him! If f he is thirsty, give him a drink! For in doing so, you will heap coals of fire on his head! In other words...I'm gonna kill this lady with kindness! I took the candy in to the office to put in his teachers cubby. Mrs. Grumpybutt saw me walk in and turned the other way in her chair. Another woman got up to help me. But I did not let this deter me. After I had done what I needed with the candy I called to the lady. I asked her name. I asked her job title. I asked if there was ANYTHING I could do for her. Anything at all...at any time. She smiled...did you hear that people...smiled at me! I told her I was at her disposal. If she ever got bogged down with something I could help her with...I was but a phone call away. She took my name and number and promised to give me a call. I of course left her a pass it on card on her desk...one that said....BEE of good cheer (with a little bumble on it) too cute. We will see what becomes of that.
bee hive
*blessings*

6 comments:

Watkins said...

I loved our meeting too. Thanks for the extra time to talk and share. I went to A Place for Girls and picked up badges. Now I'm trying to sew them on - patience! You are setting a great example - kill her with kindness. You go Teresa! Mel

Anonymous said...

Teresa,

I love you so much and I'm very proud of you. You really let your little light shine so brightly.

Anonymous said...

deep and wide
deep and wide
there's a fountain flowing deep and wide....


remember that one?

You want me to come take care of Miss Rude Secretary?

I encountered a chick like that the other day. We were at family fun day and she was pregnant and her 2 year old was playing with my 2 year old...anyway I tried to make conversation with her and she barely responded and looked at me like I was an alien.

whatever.

Some people are just rude....maybe she had a bad day.

I am off to an ice cream social today given by the mom of one of Caroline's classmates.

I hope everyone is nice.

Sometimes I chatter on like a monkey in certain situations.

(shocking I know!)

Thanks for the kind comment too.

I am going to be back to "work" on my blog on Monday.

Gidget said...

Mary...I PROMISE I almost put "Deep and Wide" on there too. Do you do the hand motions too?
Thanks for being such a great friend!

*blessings*
Teresa

Zephra said...

Sometimes you are so sweet. Kill em with kindness is the best policy but sometimes the hardest. It all comes around though doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you, I've been driving my family nuts singing "Joy, joy, joy..."! I'll have to think of something else to sing before they disown me! Maybe, "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" will be better appreciated!