Friday, September 01, 2006

What a day...

by teresa

Lots of winds...

Lots of rain...

Lots of flooding around town...

Ben and I headed out to his teacher meet and greet despite the weather.

Raincoats were no help at all. Before we got to the car (water above our ankles) we were drenched. The wind was blowing the rain in our face...up our coats...across our lower legs. Ben thought it was hilarious. Me (and my hair) thought it was not so great.

Ben was all giggles and smiles when we entered his new classroom. Mrs. Dixon talked to him and showed him around the room. He just smiled at her like a smitten little boy. She is very young and cute....everything a boy could ask for in a teacher. I told her that I blogged about her letter to Ben and that all my friends and family think she will be a very good teacher. She smiled and said..."wow...I have alot to live up to!" Here's her picture....

I brought Ben back home...then headed back to his school for the teachers luncheon the PTA hosted. It had a mexican theme with cool decorations and yummy food(chicken enchiladas, rice, beans, corn and such). It was alot of work putting it on. But the teachers really seemed to have a super time. Once we got things started the principal announced that the superintendants office emailed a over that school was closed because of the bad weather....well duh! Nice how everyone had to come in before they could make that call. All the other schools around town were closed first thing this morning. So once the lunch was over they all went home. It took forever to clean up the place...but our reward was getting to take home all the leftover food. You should have seen Nick's face when I walked in the door with a tray of enchiladas and refried beans. That boy loves him some mexican food!

When I got home it was chilly and dark in the house(perfect nap setup). All my boys (Chris included) were snuggled on the couch watching tv. After we ate we all went upstairs and napped for a couple of hours. I woke up feeling like I had been run over by a truck.

Right now Nick is over Chris' parents(he rode his bike). Kristian and Kai came over to play with Ben and Lauren went over her freind Stephanie's house. I think we are going out to dinner with Chris' parents later. I'm not really hungry right now...but maybe later I'll feel like going somewhere.

The rain has stopped...and the sun is out.

Ernesto has vacated the premises...thank God!

I hope all my east coast friends are safe and dry.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love really stormy days! They're even better if the power doesn't go out.

Gidget said...

Your right Melissa. We are really lucky...300,000 people in our area are without power right now. But we were spared. During Isabel two years ago we were without power for the longest eight days of my life!