Tuesday, September 05, 2006

True silence is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment.

by teresa

Today was bliss.

Even cleaning the house was more pleasant because I could do it uninterrupted and it stayed clean all day!

I was able to catch up on all the laundry and even washed the boys bed clothes. Tomorrow I will do Lauren's and ours.

I dusted and vacuumed the downstairs...tomorrow I will tackle the upstairs.

I went to JCPenneys and looked around. I have had a giftcard for months...but couldn't ever find anything I liked. But today I found some cute shirts..and they were on sale so I got three(with $2.29 left on the card). Yeah me!

I also rode over to Starbucks and got a vanilla latte. I sat inside and sipped my java and enjoyed my long awaited moments of solitude. I brought my book...and I read and sipped and read and sipped. ahhhhh

Once home from my errands I cleaned the little pond in the backyard and refilled it. Then watered all my plants. Only to have it pour down rain like in Noah's days a few minutes later. Oh well.

I am happy to report that all my kids had great first days at school. The boys both came in chatting about friends and lunch and homework and recess and the crazy bus rides home. They are both eager to return tomorrow. Halleluiah!! Lauren, of course had a good day. She gets home early this year because of no last bell. So she came home, cleaned her room, took a nap and then went to work. I put on some chicken and then took the boys to karate class. Once home they took a shower...then we enjoyed dinner. After dinner Chris led a devotional with us and then I put the boys to bed. I only had to read for about 5 minutes before Ben was snoring.

Now I will sit up for a while filling out the umpteen forms the schools sent home for me to fill out. One teacher even sent home an assignment for me to write an essay describing Lauren. Have mercy!

I trust your children all had an exciting day of learning...and they are now sleeping peacefully.

I pray the same for you....sleep well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the kids had a good first day of school. The first week was always my favorite. Then I would get busy being a teenager and decide school was a real drag!

Musings of a Housewife said...

An essay!? Pulleeeeeze!

Anonymous said...

You will sure have plenty of interesting material to choose from. How many words does the essay need to be. Can you keep it down to 10,000? Maybe you can just send one of the pictures she takes of herself. A picture is worth . . .

Can I read it when you're finished?

Anonymous said...

If you're too busy to write the essay, you could just cut and paste some Blog posts ... or better yet ... send her your blogspot address and let her read them :)