Friday, September 29, 2006

They say it's your birthday....it's MY birthday too yah!

by teresa

Well...today IS my birthday.

I'm 36 years young (as my nanny would say)

Do I feel any different now that I'm almost forty? No!

It still seems as if I am in my twenties....just out of school. Still up on all the latest music and fluent in all the latest slang.

But the truth is...I a NOT in my twenties....NOT up on the latest music (if you can call it music)...and I have NO IDEA what the teens are saying half the time!

But that's not a bad thing. I like who I am. I love my husband (who I have been with TWENTY years this weekend). He is the best! We used to talk on the phone at night and imagine being together forever...old and gray surrounded by our children...and our childrens children. And for me....my dream is reality(well not the grandchildren part for another 10 years). How lucky am I? I have three great kids. Beautiful...funny...crazy...smart...wonderful kids. I have my family close by. What a blessing! I get to see my parents...sister...neices and nephew everyday. I get lots of hugs and kisses and I Love You's. I wouldn't trade my life for the world.
I have many, lovely people I call friends.
And most of all I have my God. Every morning when I wake I am aware of you. Your love fills my very being with purpose . I walk with confidence because you are there!

Before I begin my fun-filled birth-day (shopping and breakfast with my mommy)....I leave you with some of my favorite birthday sayings.

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

They say that age is all in your mind. The trick is keeping it from creeping down into your body.

7 comments:

Watkins said...

Happy Birthday Teresa!
You are so blessed! Love, Melanie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a fun and wonderful day surrounded by your loved ones! I'll make you a cake, but with you so far away, I'll have to eat it for you. Ah the sacrifices you make in the name of friendship!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday.....Do you want me to bring you candy too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. We Love You!

Anonymous said...

I'm blessed, too, and I love it that you live so close to me. You're blessings are mine, too. I'm thankful that you have such a wonderful husband and great kids. GOD is GOOD.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.LOVE DADDY

Gidget said...

Mary...you MUST be my Myspace friend too! That's so funny because I was going to blog this weekend that I have a myspace. I have had it for quite awhile....as a watch over Lauren and her friends. But just recently I have found some old school pals and also lots of my family now have accounts. It's very fun!
Love ya...Teresa