Monday, September 25, 2006

“Mondays are the potholes in the road of life.”

by teresa

Well...it's Monday again.

I just sent Ben off on the bus. He was smiling and waving and signing "I Love You" as they pulled off. He was eager to get to school to see his friend Storm from the birthday party. I got out to the bus stop and and Ben was like...mom, what's on your shirt? I had Tide streaks down the entire shirt and some on the sleeve. What a moron. The other mom at the bus stop must have been wondering what the heck I had done to myself. I must have gone to bed like that...because I didn't do any laundry this morning. I put the last tub in around 2:30am and then climbed into bed....clothes and all.

Nick just came down. I usually don't get him up till 8:oo....but he had to go to the bathroom...and Lauren was in the shower upstairs. And if he would have walked in to use the bathroom...she would have annihilated him. To say she is modest is an understatement. If you happen to even think about accidently opening a door on her while she is dressing or using the bathroom. Your going to find yourself with busted fingers, nose or toes from the door being karate kicked in your face. So I hooked him up with some cheerios a banana and orange juice.

Okay...I'm back. Lauren came hurrying in and insisted I get off the computer. Apparently she had a paper to type and she forgot to do it this weekend. So I had Nick take a shower (MAN...do 11yr old boys stink) and dress. Then we stopped by the dry cleaners before I dropped him off at school. He likes to go with me so he can go in with the ticket on his own and collect the dry cleaning.

Did any of you guys happen to catch the new show on TLC last night called My Husbands Three Wives? It was infuriating. This guy marries a nice woman 20 years ago. she says....he told me right upfront that he could never be monogamous...and I thought...I love him...so I can try to live with his affairs. But then this guy falls in love with another woman while his wife is out to sea (Navy) and fathers a child with her. So he moves her and the kid into the house with his wife. He marries her "spiritually"...and is stilled married to the first wife. Now it is 18 years later. There are 6 kids between the two wives. The wives are best friends now. He has his own room and they have theres. He chooses who he will be with each night. The first wife works fulltime and the second is a SAHM. The kids call one woman...mom and the other Noni. Now...the show opens and you find out he has met somebody else...and would like to bring her into to family as wife #3. It causes such contention witht he wives and the poor children (who are confused enough with the setup). What I thought was so funny...was that wife #2 is SOOOO mad about this. She says she can't BELIEVE he would do this after all these happy years together. Is she really surprised....he brought HER home and did the same thing to his poor first wife! He even insisted all three ladies go shopping with him to pick out wife #3's wedding ring. ????? What a winner this guy is! I will be tuning in next week to see if the womans combined hormone levels lead them to castrating him in his sleep.

I am off to lay on the couch eating bon bons for the rest of the day.

Ta Ta!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mondays are the pits.
I took Bennett to preschool and remembered to have him wear a red shirt (for red day) but forgot to let him bring something red from home for show and tell. Oh well. I got half of it right and it is Monday so I am doing good.

I felt better when the teacher told me that some of the other kids hadn't brought anything either.

I have a new blog. The name is still the same just a different host and address. Stop by and visit me.

www.homeschoolblogger.com/momxtwo

Blessings for Monday!
Lisa

Zephra said...

It amazes me what women will fight over sometimes.